Monday, May 28, 2012

Next stop....Smileville


So, yeah - new blog. Birthdays tend to pull my chain, and I fight against the urge to follow thru on any and every non-sensical whim that knocks about in my brain. But since I've been AWOL from blogging for the last several months, I thought that starting a new blog might actually be a good idea, and I've officially boarded that train. Chuga-chuga, toot toot.

Since September of last year life has been, well, pushy. Yup, I'm going with pushy, because I feel like life keeps poking me, tripping me up, and I'm about darn done with the shenanigans.

I've had close friends fall in love, get married, get pregnant, give birth or graduate (not in that order, and not in one fell swoop). All good & amazing life milestones, all of which I feel so very fortunate to have been witness to. Others have passed away (the number has now climbed to 3 as of last month...seriously, why?), and this has left me feeling shocked & in denial, and brought on a sadness that pulls me down like there's a brick in my chest where my lungs should be. Makes it hard to breathe sometimes.


This blog is part of the moving on and getting better. I need to get back to the creative, the humor, the bright light that I've been missing in my life for what seems like forever.

Here goes.

Disclaimer: I will, probably frequently, dork out on this blog. Lame-o sound effects, sidebars and the aformentioned non-sensical whims. I dare you to get on board - I promise we'll have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment